From our Family to Yours
Dr. Jim Schmidt, Orthodontist
Dr. Schmidt is a highly trained and skilled clinician as well as a compassionate and fun loving person who cares very deeply for his patients.
“I am passionate for orthodontics, I love my work and I am not afraid to show it. Orthodontics for me is about providing an experience for a family that meets their needs and exceeds their expectations…most importantly it’s about the patients,” says Dr. Schmidt.
Jim has an exemplary resume, which includes over 14 years of higher education. In 2000, Jim graduated from St. Norbert College in DePere, WI, on the dean’s list with Cum Laude honors and a dual degree in Chemistry and Biology. His DDS degree was earned from Marquette in 2004, again on the dean’s list with Cum Laude and other honors. Ohio State awarded him an MS degree and Certificate of Prosthodontics in 2007.
After three years in active private practice, Jim headed back to school to earn his Certificate of Specialty in Orthodontics this past spring from SUNY at Buffalo, NY. Jim was the chief orthodontic resident, teaching the Orthodontic Techniques and the Diagnosis and Treatment Planning Courses to dental students.
Jim is married to Karla and together they have two lovely young children, Colton and Hadley. Jim is originally from the Chicago area and Karla is from Green Bay. They met while attending dental school at Marquette University, so Milwaukee will be a natural fit for Jim and his family.
Why Smile With Us?
- Doctorate and post graduate work in specialization
- Advanced training in orthodontics and TMJ
- Candidate, Board Certified Orthodontist
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics
- Pioneer of advances in treatment and technology
- Friendly, caring and experienced staff
- Inviting, comfortable setting
- Latest treatments, most advanced technology
- 3-D Imaging for best diagnostics
- Robotic precision of smart wire technology
- Greater comfort
- Less treatment time
- Better, faster, more predictable results
- Cool, colorful and clear braces
- Invisible braces for adults and teens
- Specialized TMJ treatment
- Free consultations
- Easy to see (and smile about) fee schedules
- Flexible, affordable payment plans
- Most insurances accepted